Please find a list of our faq’s. if you have any questions that haven’t been listed, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at Argyle Welsh Finnigan Limited on 03 308 8228 for further information.

What will you do for me?

We are committed to serving you professionally and ethically.  It is of the utmost importance to us that we develop an understanding of your expectations and then work together to establish goals and deadlines that meet your needs.  We will pursue your work conscientiously and communicate with you to keep you informed of progress.  When you telephone or email us we will ensure that we respond to you promptly.

Who will act for me?

You may have an existing relationship with one of our Partners or lawyers, or made contact with a member of our team in which case that person will generally act on your behalf.  If you are new to the firm we will discuss the legal matter with you and suggest the person most suitable to undertake the work.  Other lawyers and professional support staff in the office may become involved, both to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services, and to provide additional specialist assistance if required.

Is my information confidential?

We will keep all communications by and with you strictly confidential and similarly treat all information that we receive from you during the course of our dealings. We will not reveal your affairs to anyone without your agreement.

What if I have only limited mobility?

Do not hesitate to contact our office because we are more than happy to make a visit to you at home to take instructions and to complete whatever documentation might be required by you.  We do not make any extra charge for this service.

Do I need a Will?

Everyone over 18 years of age most definitely needs a Will.  We also recommend that Wills are reviewed when your circumstances change and, in any event, at no greater intervals than 5 years.  When you make a Will with us we will contact you automatically at the expiry of 5 years to enquire if you need to modify any aspect of the document.

What happens if I die without a Will?

Your property will be distributed as required by the Administration Act 1969.  A surviving spouse, civil union partner or de-facto partner, children and immediate family usually inherit your money, property, and possessions in set proportions, which may not be what you would have wished and may even cause hardship.  We can assist with the administration of your estate even if you have not made a Will, but it can take longer and cost more than if you had put a Will in place.

What is an Enduring Power of Attorney?

An Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) is a legal document that allows you to appoint someone to take care of your affairs in the event that you cannot or do not wish to do so. The two types of EPAs are: 

  1. EPA in relation to Property – covering activities such as paying your bills and managing your investments. Your attorney can handle all your property matters, or you can retain control over parts of your property if you wish. 
  1. EPA in relation to Personal Care and Welfare – comes into effect if you are no longer able to make important decisions for yourself. The Attorney you appoint would normally be a close relative or trusted friend.

When should I make an Enduring Power of Attorney?

As none of us know when we might be injured or suffer a serious health event we strongly recommend that Enduring Powers of Attorney are executed as soon as one turns 20 years of age.